[arin-discuss] ARIN registration fee data (was: Status of realigning the IPv6 fee structure?)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Mar 15 17:59:02 EDT 2012

On Mar 15, 2012, at 3:38 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> Looks to me like the current scope of the problem is limited to $406,000
> in reduced revenue with an overall scope limit of $1,229,000+growth
> total scope.
>
> By that, I mean that if we simply declared /32 to be x-small and set the
> fee at $1,250, the loss to ARIN in revenue from current holders
> would be limited to the 406 currently paying based on their IPv6
> small status (or less) and that there is no possibility of it applying
> to more than the 1,229 x-small IPv4 members (+growth) even if
> everyone were to take up IPv6 resources tomorrow.
>
> Would that be an accurate conclusion from the data, John?

Owen -

 Your math appears correct.  Unless you are expecting IPv4
 address block returns, it would be unlikely to affect total
 receipts aside from the initial change with IPv6 x-small.
 In effect, the IPv4 fee schedule would always dominate, thus
 making IPv6 "free" for those with IPv4 registration services.

 Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO