[arin-discuss] ARIN as a public interest business

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 12:59:42 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:49 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2012, at 10:49 AM, Martin Hannigan wrote:
>
>> Slide 7 of the financial report presented by the treasurer in the
>> Member Meeting in Philadelphia this past October shows an approved
>> budget of $10,374,849.00. Did I read that wrong? Did funding for 2012
>> really rise by $6M?
>
> That slide presents the performance of budgeted expense versus actual
> expense for the period of January through August 2011 (i.e. YTD means
> "Year to Date").  The budget is available on the web site here:
> https://www.arin.net/about_us/corp_docs/budget.html

The slide that I pointed to demonstrates YTD, actual budget, and variance.

     https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/reports/ARIN_XXVIII/PDF/friday/andersen_treasurer.pdf

Did the 2012 budget increased 6M over 2011 as analyzing both slides
and now the URL you provided would seem to indicate?

With regards to answering your question and suggesting what the proper
amount of reserve is for an organization like ARIN, what organizations
can I use to compare ARIN to?

Best,

-M<