[arin-discuss] Flaky whois

Randy Carpenter rcarpen at network1.net
Fri Mar 25 11:28:52 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Randy Carpenter
> <rcarpen at network1.net> wrote:
> >
> > It's looking to me like it might be some intermittent funkiness
> > with IPv6 connectivity. Strange that it only affects whois...
>
> maybe your web/etc clients are just more forgiving?

Issues even to whois via web, though...

I have verified that it appears to be IPv6-specific, at least currently.

I'm working to get some more debug to the ARIN guys, so hopefully we'll figure something out.

It just started happening around the time there was some updates being done to the ARIN whois. I chalked it up to just being part of the maintenance, until it continued sporadically for many days.

-Randy