[arin-discuss] Flaky whois

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 06:26:13 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:41 PM, Randy Carpenter <rcarpen at network1.net> wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea when the ARIN whois is going to be stable? It is been hit or miss for about a week. It generally just hangs via web, and times out via commandline whois.

at the last nanog (or a previous one?) Mark Kosters had a preso about
some sudden ramp up of whois traffic (a lightning talk perhaps I'm
remembering?). At that time I believe he said they were seeing
intermediate issues but had things in hand (aside from the wonder of
where the traffic came from, something related he thought to oauth
login validations?).

Perhaps the ramp up continued up? Mark?