[arin-discuss] Size Categories for IPv6.

Charles Gucker cgucker at onesc.net
Mon Apr 18 21:23:00 EDT 2011

>> Aaron,
>>
>>        Unfortunately you're putting the cart infront of the horse.
>> Once 2011-3 is adopted, we would have to deal with the /32 is the
>> minimum allocation size.    So, I don't think you would object holding
>> off on any block alterations until after 2011-3 is adopted (if it is
>> adopted).
>>
>> charles
>
> While I agree with you, my opinion above still stands. I realize there are multiple proposals that would need to either be adopted or a new one drafted and passed, however, this thread is not about 1 specific policy proposal, it is about size categories. Obviously, I clearly believe /32 is the incorrect minimum allocation size. :)

Understood.   I misunderstood and thought you were referring to the
original proposal to align the block sizes with current policy, not
proposed policy.    Personally, once new proposed policies are
adopted, I expect the block sizes to also be modified.

> I would not be in favor of modifying size categories without modifying minimum allocation, however, given no other choice I would support the change.

I'm just a fan of ensuring the block sizes mirror actual policy and
not written in a vacuum.    I support any change that aligns the
implementation with policy.

charles