[arin-discuss] Trying to Understand IPV6

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Sep 15 07:54:23 EDT 2010

> I am constantly dismayed by this advice.

I don't know why because we are essentially saying the same thing.
The difference is that I am oversimplifying assuming that the
audience is mainly smaller providers where people haven't taken
the time to get up to speed on IPv6. But you are providing fuller
and more precise detail because your day job involves teaching
providers how to get started with IPv6.

I agree with everything that you said, especially this:

> Once you have done this calculation, then you should apply for
> the address space your design requires rather than merely
> going in blind for a /32. However, if you require less than a /32,
> then, you should get a /32 minimum allocation.

--Michael Dillon