[arin-discuss] Trying to Understand IPV6

Randy Carpenter rcarpen at network1.net
Tue Sep 14 23:40:08 EDT 2010

> > I wish we would all stop arguing about these issues, and the
> > hardware manufacturers would get some things on the market. We are
> > running dangerously close to needing IPv6 for user expansion, and we
> > have no way to deploy it.
>
> you should look in the wireless router aisle at frys... the cpe you
> need
> exists and it doesn't do nat66...

Do you know of any specific models that will support DHCPv6 including prefix delegation, and also properly hand out DNS servers to the internal devices?

Also, will it will plug directly into our existing DSL and CATV deployments?

There are a some areas that we can do ethernet-ethernet, but the many of the networks we support have CPE devices that serve as modem and router.

-Randy