[arin-discuss] /20 initial allocation for single-homed server?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri May 21 15:43:47 EDT 2010

On May 21, 2010, at 7:57 AM, Randy McAnally wrote:
> http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=6807600&postcount=19
>
> "I have already received approval from Arin for my /20 request and I'm already
> in the process of paying the $4,500 to get the resources allocated asap.

While ARIN generally treats request status as confidential, such
confidentiality is not applicable subsequent to public disclosure
by the requesting party.  When inaccurate statements are involved,
ARIN has an obligation to the community to insure accuracy of any
statements so as to avoid confusion about the implementation of
number resource policy.

To that effect:

    The above referenced request has not been approved, and
    is presently in the earliest phases of resource request
    review.

FYI,
/John

John Curran