[arin-discuss] /20 initial allocation for single-homed server?

Randy McAnally rsm at fast-serv.com
Fri May 21 07:57:36 EDT 2010

Looks like Arin gives /20's to anyone and their grandparents these days?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=6799154&postcount=1

"I sell private web caching proxies and Im in need of another two dedicated
servers with 2,000 ips assigned to each server. My budget is about
$1,100/month and I dont need any control panel or management. I also don't
spam or do anything illegal with these proxies. I already host with Ubiquity
and their great, and only $200/month for 2k ips."

And then..

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=6807600&postcount=19

"I have already received approval from Arin for my /20 request and I'm already
in the process of paying the $4,500 to get the resources allocated asap.

The new problem is finding a network that will allow outside ips to come into
their network for a dedicated server I would be renting from them. Any advise?"

Sheesh...

--
Randy