[arin-discuss] Suggestion 2010.1 -- Initial Fee Waiver forIPv6assignments to LRSA signatories

Aaron Wendel aaron at wholesaleinternet.net
Tue Mar 2 12:43:05 EST 2010

And on the subject of wording, the fee waiver wording is very vague.  It says “organization”.  Not ISP, End user or anything else.  It could be argued that if you’re a legacy holder, you are an organization paying a yearly registration fee to ARIN and would qualify under #1 of the criteria:

Initial Allocation Registration Fee Waiver Eligibility

1.	Organizations that pay fees for a direct allocation of IPv4 address space have no fees associated with their initial IPv6 allocation.
2.	Organizations associated with other types of resources (IPv4 or IPv6 assignments, ASNs) or who do not hold resources are subject to the Declining Fee Waiver Schedule for IPv6 Allocations.