[arin-discuss] urgency of IPv6

Steve Bertrand steve at ipv6canada.com
Tue Jun 29 22:22:47 EDT 2010

On 2010.06.29 16:07, Paul G. Timmins wrote:
> I also created http://www.ipv6chicken.com/ which has a comically large photo of a chicken that can help you diagnose path MTU issues. If you are on IPv6 it will show you your address.

I must admit that I like your pmtud test. That is the primary issue that
I've had to express to v6 `newbs', amongst other things.

John's comment earlier regarding having the client IP(v6) address
displayed on the arin.net site is a great one. I had to take a look at
my sites, and only an ancient one does this. I did not know that
displaying the visitor IP was proper practice. I learn every day.

fwiw, this old site of mine has always done it (please disregard the
content...):

http://ww3.ibctech.ca/

...so I'll have to add the IP of the client to my current site. As it
is, my site only does math on the percent of v6 visitors/month, not
their current IP.

Cheers to v6 work.

Steve