[arin-discuss] Policy clarification

IPTelligent SysOp sysop at iptelligent.com
Fri Jun 25 17:04:40 EDT 2010

Aaron,

Then I wonder why, last time I requested a second address block for the
company, I was asked for technical justification for all the reassigned
and reallocated blocks that were equal to or higher than a /24, based
exactly on SWIP information? Don't remember the exact words now, but I
was asked "Why did you allocate a /23 to company X, what was the
justification they provided" and how much equipment is connected to
that block, how many hosts, how many shared webhosting, how many etc,
what are the reverse hostnames for each of those IPs?
Isn't that technical use justification, or it's just for statistics
(and then why not mention it's optional)?
For a customer that I had reassigned space from the carrier (and so I
couldn't reallocate to the end user), I had to submit a long customer
list with the subnetting that was made, per customer (not much work as
the customer collaborated to it, but then, I had to reformat all the
list). Would it be completely unnecessary?
Regards,
Rafael