[arin-discuss] fee waivers

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Wed Jun 23 06:07:43 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 07:06:02PM -0400, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> On 6/22/10 3:46 PM, "Aaron Wendel" <aaron at wholesaleinternet.net> wrote:
>
> > As the operator of a small, free exchange point I was recently hit with the
> > $1250 fee for an IPv6 allocation.  After several go arounds with our members
> > one of them stepped up to the plate and generously donated the fee to cover
> > it.  (Thanks HE!)

	Once, there was this little company that predated ARIN and provided
	IPv4 and IPv6 prefixes to exchanges at rates they set.  It never made
	a pot'o'cash, but paid the bills ... and jumpstarted quite a few excahnges
	in its (now) 14 year history.  Its no longer taking new customers, the
	mores the pity.

--bill