[arin-discuss] fee waivers

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Tue Jun 22 21:51:42 EDT 2010

"Brian Johnson" <bjohnson at drtel.com> writes:

> Aaron,
>
> So maybe this is my misunderstanding, but I thought the fee was the same
> for the IPv6 as it is for IPv4 space... In fact it is
> (https://www.arin.net/fees/fee_schedule.html). How do you only pay $100
> when you have an allocation and the minimum charge for an allocation is
> $1250/yr?
>
> Is there a special way I can have my allocations for $100/yr. Where do I
> sign up? :)

It's really simple, actually.

You pay $1250/year for an "allocation" - ISPs get allocations.  That
gets you voting ARIN membership too, btw.

An exchange point is critical infrastructure.  It does not get an
"allocation" - it gets an "assignment" which is like an "allocation"
but not for distribution to your users.  The initial fee is $1250,
with a $100/year consolidated db maintenance fee for all your
allocations and ASNs.  By the way, that doesn't get you ARIN membership.

So no, there is no way for you to get your "allocation" for $100/year.
If you qualify for an "assignment", you can get it for $100/year.

See https://www.arin.net/fees/fee_schedule.html#end_users

-r