[arin-discuss] Suggestion 2010.1 -- Initial Fee Waiver for IPv6 assignments to LRSA signatories

bob at FiberInternetCenter.com bob at FiberInternetCenter.com
Fri Feb 5 10:16:27 EST 2010

>> I agree - however ARIN already is HEAVILY stacked in favor of
>> the large holders.  Check out the cost-per-IP address, it
>> drops like a rock as the number of IP addresses you obtain
>> from ARIN grows.

You bring up a point that members often wonder about every time they type
ARIN.net in a browser.

I see that you are correct that IP address overall costs are lower when an
organization uses more...but that at doesn't "stack" anything related to
control and your ability to obtain more addresses.  As one's vote doesnt
count more or less in relationship to ip address space used. An
organization with a /20 gets the same vote weight as a member with several
/18s.

If I am wrong about that - "Someone please tell me how the votes are
stacked".

I think the fees for IPv6 shall continue to be waived...and then explored
again in 12 or 24 months.

bob evans