[arin-discuss] Proxy support

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Mon Oct 26 08:20:31 EDT 2009

<michael.dillon at bt.com> writes:

>> I don't believe proxies are allowed, but, to express your
>> support or non-support for a proposal it can be as simple as
>> sending a message to the ARIN list, which, can even be as
>> simple as saying "+1" to what the person you were considering
>> as a proxy said.
>
> Yukkk! Please don't send +1 messages to PPML
>
>> Comments on the mailing list do carry quite a
>> bit of weight as well, especially when they clearly state "I support"
>> or "I do not support" this proposal.
>
> Yes, a single sentence in plain English is far superior to computerese.

I'm a member of but do not speak for the AC.  My personal take is the
more feedback on policy proposals the better, regardless of whether it
conforms to Mr. Dillon's syntactical stipulations.  +1, while terse,
is entirely understandable and far better than deafening silence when
it comes to figuring out whether the community is in favor of or
opposed.

-r