[arin-discuss] Proxy support

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Fri Oct 23 00:12:05 EDT 2009

As I've said before, I unfortunately don't have the time to closely
follow all of the happenings of each proposal, so I'm curious...

Are there any regulations, policies or allowances that would permit me
to grant another ARIN member to act on my behalf, and increase their
approve/non-approve by +1?

Example:

Although I can't follow to the 't', I've been following certain
proposals close enough that there is a particular member who I feel has
represented my feelings for quite some time. This person has been both
vocal and active, and responds to criticism professionally, diligently
and (essentially) very well.

Throughout this time period (months), this person has demonstrated my
beliefs and desires without me saying a word to them, or anyone.

Because I have grown faith and trust in this person over the months in
regards to a certain proposal, I would like to attach to them a +1 (if
you please) to however they vote on the proposal.

I'm sure this isn't allowed, but I thought I'd ask. Do ARIN politics
allow for such a thing?

Steve