[arin-discuss] IPv6 End User Assignments

Matthew Wilder Matthew.Wilder at telus.com
Thu May 7 15:11:52 EDT 2009

Michael,

Please tell me which mailing list would be more appropriate to discuss the interpretation of ARIN's NRPM.  I am not proposing a new policy.  I originally asked the question of what size IPv6 end user assignments are appropriate because I was seeing information that was apparently in conflict with the NRPM.

The NRPM points to the use of /56 subnets for customers who might like to subnet but are not "large sites".  And yet I was seeing people talking about /48 subnets being used for households.  This apparent conflict, in my mind, was worthy of discussion.  If you are beyond that discussion, that's alright, just stay out.  For the rest of us who are adults, I would ask that you not hinder this discussion.

MW