[arin-discuss] IPv6 End User Assignments

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Thu May 7 11:54:46 EDT 2009

> however, we all really do need to be
> discussing things such as v6 end user assignments.

There are plenty of other places to discuss IPv6
technical issues and the biggest benefit of going
elsewhere is that you can find some expert advice
there.

> I want so
> badly for this to be a positive and educational experience
> for all of us.

So do I. That is why I collected and wrote up about
half of the content on ARIN's IPv6 wiki at
<http://www.getipv6.info>.

> This list is intended to be used for discussion. Please focus
> on mastering the art of leadership rather than attacking
> others or nit-picking at minor and mostly off-topic points.

Sorry, but I'm not here to lead anybody. This list is not for
leadership, it's for discussion. I cast in my two bits worth
and people either get it, or they don't.

> Based on your e-mails, you appear to be an intelligent person
> with exceptionally high attention to detail and with the
> right focus you could really help this community.

Community? I don't see any community here. Sorry but this is
the ARIN members discussion list where most days, there is
zero discussion. Many members don't even monitor this list.
Check the archives to see what I mean.

> Your
> current behavior is creating a good deal of noise that is
> distracting and takes away from the quality of the discussion.

And you're behavior is distracting us from the discussion
of the topic in the subject line. IPv6 end user assignments.

Start by reading
<http://www.getipv6.info/index.php/IPv6_Addressing_Plans>
and then if you want to see where it came from, follow up the
RFCs and Internet drafts referenced on it. You could also
Google for something like "dillon nanog ipv6 addressing" and
pick up the original discussions that led to this page. It was
well over a year ago, maybe two.

And if you know of an IPv6 deployment mailing list other than NANOG,
feel free to tell us all about it.

--Michael Dillon