[arin-discuss] ARIN spammed us with "talk to the hand" ?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Fri Feb 27 13:29:29 EST 2009

Why don't you e-mail the author of the e-mail at ARIN and ask?

> If ARIN can not and will not do anything to contact these
> parties and get it resolved, why does it send a notice
> telling us with this?

This is an extreme simplification of a complex issue.
ARIN is US and will do anything WE want.  If you want ARIN to
start mediating then SUBMIT A POLICY MODIFICATION.

Once we are post-IPv4 runout, all new IPv4 assignments will
be "dirty" and I imagine this issue will become more serious.
I would in fact support a complaint mechanism at ARIN that would
be specifically for handling complaints about "dirty" address
assignments.  It's too bad that nobody thought to design one
and make participation in it a prerequisite of obtaining
IP addresses, back in the olden days.  But that doesen't mean
that we can't start doing it now.

Ted