[arin-discuss] IPv6 and ARIN route registry

Mark Kosters markk at arin.net
Fri Apr 10 17:10:07 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 08:15:48AM -0400, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:
<snip>
> Is it perhaps time to shake the dust off the ARIN IRR codebase?

Hi

The ARIN IRR code base currently does not support ipv6 objects.  In
our 2009 engineering plan, we have planned to upgrade the current
IRR to improve three things:

  1) Addition of IPv6 object support.
  2) Improved integration with the ARIN whois database (as per ACSP 2008.3).
  3) Improved resiliency the IRR being integrated with our new public facing
     services system that is fully redundant.

The project is currently staffed and work is underway.  We plan to have
improved IRR service available by the end of the 3rd quarter of 2009.

Mark