[arin-discuss] pre-ARIN IP allocation legal rights

Tuc ml at t-b-o-h.net
Sun Oct 12 22:25:33 EDT 2008

> But the net effect of what I am saying is that I just don't see
> anything standing out here giving any implicit rights.  So I'd
> appreciate anyone who can document these rights explicitly for
> everyone to see.

	I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV. Some of what
I say could even be hurting the case of the people you are talking
about (Such as me). Its definitely something better suited for
lawyers about whats implicit, explicit, inferred, or "No one did
anything for such a long time, why now?"

	The last one sorta is something I wonder. ARIN was established
in December of 1997. Why, 10+ years later, have they decided to
start this process? Shouldn't it have been started sometime in 1Q98?
Theres been 20 some odd ARIN meetings, 8-10 Board of Trustee Meetings
a year.

	I guess I also go back to what was it that made you start this
thread? It seemed that discussion died down a while back and I didn't
notice anything here that would have restarted it. (Except the weird
timing that I recieved the notification from ARIN recently also that
they wanted to bring 2 24's I have into the Legacy RSA)

			Thanks, Tuc