[arin-discuss] Anyone play with IPv6 on the RV4000?

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Fri May 30 20:05:22 EDT 2008

> You can select either IPv4 only, IPv6 only, or both.
>
> The Linux source for the RVS4000 (and other products) is here
>
> http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_CASupport_C1&childpagename=US/L
> ayout&cid=1169671246380&pagename=Linksys/Common/VisitorWrapper
>
> One big feature missing - the little 4 port switch in
> the device is managable - partly, but you can't obtain the
> mac address table from the web interface.

Can you obtain the MAC table via any other method?

If so, a patch to fit that into the web interface may be trivial...

We use Ovislink for our ADSL modem/router combination devices (for resi
subs), and they have been very good to us lately implementing new,
custom requested changes into their firmware.

I've been pushing them a bit toward IPv6 compatibility, so hopefully
they will have some resi-level products ready for testing soon as well.

Steve