[arin-discuss] Dean -vs- ARIN... again (Re: The joy of SWIPping)

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue May 20 14:25:26 EDT 2008

There IS no "issue at hand"

The original question was answered twice, once by myself on
5-16 by asking the OP to show us in the NRPM it mandates SWIP,
and once on 5-19 by Lee who responded to an ISP who claimed
they lost residential customers due to privacy leakge in SWIP,
and Lee then pointed out the explicit section in the NPRM where
it discusses residential privacy (which the ISP apparently didn't
follow)

The OP thus far has failed to show where he is required in the
NRPM to disclose competitive/prooprietary information in SWIP.

Dean was never involved in the original question or response, and
merely hijacked the thread for his usual campaign of attacks
against the ARIN board., as he usually does with all long-running
threads on this list.

> Let's get back to discussing the issue.

Please, read the entire thread first before merely restating the
same stuff that has already been hashed up.  You might actually
try RESPONDING to the issue at hand.  Most who have responded
have been upset over what they THINK the NRPM and ARIN's rules
on SWIP are, not what the manual and rules actually state.

Ted