[arin-discuss] The joy of SWIPping

Jeremy Anthony Kinsey jer at mia.net
Tue May 13 09:44:07 EDT 2008

On May 12, 2008, at 6:23 PM, Michael K. Smith - Adhost wrote:

> [...]

I guess what I would really like to know is what is so secretive and
what is it exactly that these entities have to protect in terms of
privacy that motivates them to not want their address listed?
I'd really prefer it if the SWIP address remained visible, as should
all domain addresses be IMO.   But I, like the vast majority end up
doing all we can to bend enough for a customer to get and or keep that
customer.  The alternative, I've suggested customers that do not want
to give out their name/address use a PO box.  Most companies have a PO
separate from their business/mailing address.

Regards,
Jeremy Anthony Kinsey
  e-mail: jer at mia.net
Bella Mia, Inc.                                      www.mia.net