[arin-discuss] End of an era

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Wed Feb 6 14:07:28 EST 2008

> Of course, if Mr. Vixie could put my mind at ease (I am sure that is
> high on his priority list), he would be welcome to reply and express his
> opinion on the current state of affairs with SORBS.  I have to hope he
> is not in favor of their current extortion scheme.

i don't know much about matthew's business model.  he is a friend, and i am
helping with some sysadmin on some of his nameservers in the united states
(not connected to or affiliated with arin or isc in any way).  i don't want to
see a SORBS roast-off here on this mailing list, since the only way in which
it would be on-topic ("ARIN related") is through me.  if you'd like to discuss
the SORBS business model with me 1x1 and tell me your concerns, i'll tell you
my thoughts, and it's possible you'll convince me to go yell at matthew if he
really is doing something that fits the definition of "extortion".  note that
google isn't a high-accuracy character reference on controversial topics.
(nor is wikipedia, i now see that dean anderson has extensively edited the
entry on open relay to support his somewhat unique point of view.)