[arin-discuss] Justifiable Censorship?

Michael T. Halligan mhalligan at bitpusher.com
Wed Feb 6 13:14:47 EST 2008

> Many of us would have to agree that Dean Anderson can be outright
> annoying.  He appears to have a significant amount of time to pursue
> angles and details that many of us would never consider nor take the
> time to discuss.  While I can't say I agree with his approach, nor
> do I
> condone his "soapbox" approach, do you or we have the right to
> restrict
> his First Amendment rights?  Is there really proof that he has
> violated
> the ARIN AUP or is "someone" just tired of reading his emails?

, it's clear he has been
violating this bulletpoint:

"Any unprofessional or confrontational comments showing a lack of
respect, such as using foul or abusive language or attacking someone's
character, will not be tolerated."

It's also pretty clear that he has violated this one:

"The promotion of political views is not appropriate."

Also, I find it hard to believe that Mr. Andersen's vehement dislike
of Mr. Vixie for the last decade doesn't violate this last one:

"Independent issues not affecting the larger IP community are not
appropriate unless ARIN-specific, nor are comments of a personal nature.

Can we please get back to ARIN business? I'm sure Dean has already
moved onto disrupting other communities and forums with this.

Michael T. Halligan
Chief Technology Officer
BitPusher, LLC
http://www.bitpusher.com/