[arin-discuss] voting

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue Feb 5 19:23:56 EST 2008

I used the IPv6 thing as an immediately recognizable hot button, no
more than that.  Although there is of course some overlap - as
fee structure can be setup to encourage IPv6 uptake - as the board
has already figured out.

>   In any case, thanks for the excellent thoughts.  I'm not going to
>   repeat myself verbatim for the fourth time today, but will note
>   that you can make a specific suggestion to the ACSP.

I'm one of the "mostly content with how the board runs things" people
so I have to agree with the "I don't pay enough attention to the
candidates to have an informed vote" camp.  I actually like the fact that
a smaller number of self-selected informed people cast the votes, rather
than a much larger number of ignorant people.  We have the latter in the
national
US elections and it's pretty apparent that hasn't been a steller method
of getting good presidents.

Ted