[arin-discuss] No quorum in last election

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Tue Feb 5 15:26:50 EST 2008

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:

> > I can see where the hot air is coming from. It isn't Dean.
> > The lawyers name needn't be confidential.
>
> It never was confidential. Many ARIN members are aware of the
> name of ARIN's lawyer, having heard (or read) his reports at
> ARIN members meetings.

Steve Ryan isn't the only attorney who works for ARIN.  One can't just
assume that Steve Ryan wrote the opinion. Hence the direct question.

> The question need not have been asked on this list, since it
> was directed to the chairman, not to the members.

ARIN has asked that questions not be posed directly to board members,
offlist.  I suppose that a public record of questions and answers is a
good thing.

> And it certainly need not have been answered on this list since the
> answer also was not directed to the members.

The other members also have an interest in the answer.

		--Dean

617 344 9000