[arin-discuss] Importance of Corporate Governance

Garth Brown GarthB at semaphore.com
Tue Feb 5 12:31:45 EST 2008

If Dean truly has factual support for his allegations then there are many avenues open to him. The courts are one, assembling votes from within the ARIN constituency for change in the board (either at-term or mid-term) are another.

Dean has to date elected not to pursue any such legitimate avenue to actually remediate his claims of problems.

I do not believe that this forum is one where ARIN board members are required to respond to any or every accusation within a prompt timeframe. Or at all, for that matter. This is a discussion forum and not a tribunal of accountability. John and others from the board have responded within reasonable timeframes to reasonable questions - and the matter will apparently be discussed in the appropriate forum for such matters (the actual physical meeting). This would also be the appropriate forum for Dean's issues.

Dean, if you expect the board to answer so quickly and precisely, why is it that you have not responded to any of the people on this forum who have politely requested that you take up a specific and valid action to make change, rather than espouse the same rhetoric over and over? You certainly have been asked on many occasions. Why no suit or petition?

I strongly support your right to take a legal or electoral action if you have proof of malfeasance. I do not support your continued rhetoric without such action.

Finally, your possession of a well-worn legal dictionary no more makes you an attorney that does my mother's possession of a copy of Newton's Telecom Dictionary make her an network engineer. Though I'm glad she has it as a reference, I wouldn't let her touch my routers.

Garth Brown