[arin-discuss] Importance of Corporate Governance

Edward B. DREGER eddy+arin+spam at noc.everquick.net
Tue Feb 5 11:25:48 EST 2008

MTH> Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:14:06 -0800
MTH> From: Michael T. Halligan

MTH> You're forgetting Dean's accusation of Paul Vixie being involved in
MTH> organized crime?
MTH>
MTH> From http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-discuss/2007-November/000605.html
MTH> :
MTH>
MTH> "We also have ARIN engaging in extortion of Legacys, as I described
MTH> previously. This relates to other similar activity, and to an ARIN Board
MTH> Member previously accused in Court of, among other things, extortion and
MTH> organized crime, for which a Temporary Restraining Order was issued.

Let's also note: "accused of" and "Temporary Restraining Order".

Anyone can be accused of anything.  Accusation does not translate to
guilt.

And whatever happened with the TRO, anyhow?  Was a permanent injunction
ever granted?  Was there ever admission of guilt?  Did a court provide a
ruling?

A TRO is _not_ proof of wrongoing.

Eddy (not an attorney)
--
Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - http://www.brotsman.com/
davidc at brics.com -*- jfconmaapaq at intc.net -*- sam at everquick.net
Ditto for broken OOO autoresponders and foolish AV software backscatter.