[arin-discuss] Importance of Corporate Governance

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Tue Feb 5 10:49:32 EST 2008

> In summary, for all I know Dean _may_ be misguided and have
> his own agenda, but if the things he is saying are false,
> then present an official response and discredit him.

This list is for ARIN members to have discussions with each
other. It is not for windmill-tilters to demand immediate
official responses from ARIN staff or directors. And it
most certainly is *NOT* for ARIN staff or directors to
make statements to defend themselves. They already have
other venues to do that with press releases, the web site,
and the official twice yearly members meetings.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm waiting to see what the ARIN
lawyers, staff and directors have to say at the next members
meeting before passing any judgement on them. I'm not dumb
enough to be suckered by the kind of one-upmanship that
Dean has displayed on this list.

Now that the question of wrongdoing has been raised, and the
chairman of the board has stated that it is being addressed
and will be reported at the next members meeting, we should
all refrain from speculation. It is better to simply not
talk about it at all on the list. If anybody has any information
that is material to the accusations, they should send that directly
to the ARIN board or the ARIN lawyers.

None of us are lawyers so we cannot make any useful judgements on
partial information. Other than the entertainment value, what is
the point in discussing this at all on this list?

--Michael Dillon