[arin-discuss] No quorum in last election

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Fri Feb 1 18:24:31 EST 2008

[ARIN agrees that discussion to recall Board members, to conduct
investigations of ARIN expenditures, and to stop certain ARIN
expenditures does not violate the ARIN AUP.]

I've asked ARIN to disclose the legacies.  ARIN hasn't responded.

I've asked ARIN to notify legacies about our efforts to oppose the LRSA
and about legacy rights before they accept Legacy RSA (LRSA) contracts.
ARIN continues to accept LRSA's without any notice as far as I can tell.

Some people are indeed complaining _after_ signing the LRSA, though.  I
just posted a cleaned example of offlist complaints I've been getting to
ppml.

Please post messages about the LRSA to places that might reach legacies.

I suppose we can go through the allocation list, identify legacy blocks
by date of change and use WHOIS to obtain contact information. This will
get some, but not all.  Remember to use the _oldest_ allocation list.

		--Dean

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:

> > The evaluation of IPV4 address space usage by legacies, and the WHOIS
> > contacts of legacies has no bearing on the current composition of the
> > membership list. Most of the IPV4 Legacy's aren't ARIN members, and
> > aren't listed in the 2945 members in the member list, even if they have
> > WHOIS entries.
> >
> Hi,
>
> 	Speaking of which, what efforts have been made to contact
> the IPV4 Legacies to let them know ARIN wants them to sign some
> paperwork and pay a fee? People I've talked to who weren't on this
> list had no ideas this existed.
>
> 			Tuc/TBOH

617 344 9000