[arin-discuss] Are we going to vote on this ?

David Williamson dlw+arin at tellme.com
Tue Nov 13 17:10:49 EST 2007

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 04:15:52PM -0500, Dean Anderson wrote:
> As I understand the process, there is no hurry to have the petition
> filed:  Nothing can happen until the membership can vote in the next
> Member Meeting which is in April. Certainly, we do not want to have a
> membership vote before the facts fully come out. We have until April to
> get the full story of facts. Time is on our side, I think.  And I think
> the mere presence of investigation will tend to deter additional
> examples of waste and corruption in the meantime.

Dean:

I would suggest that if your strategy is to drag this out until April
in excruciating detail, you're likely to alienate many people.  That
may reduce your ability to get the 290 members required for a
successful petition.  I think we very clearly understand your
position.  Aggressive and ad hominum defense of that position is not a
good way to win friends.

I'll also echo Ted's analysis: I'm not sure that "objective" means what
you think it does.

-David