[arin-discuss] Legacy RSA

Jim Harle jharle at ibahn.com
Mon Nov 12 21:23:00 EST 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, Dean Anderson apparently wrote:

> And I do see a consensus developing.  A lot more people were simply

> against moderating the discussion. To some extent, that indicates

> they have an open mind and perhaps at least want to see the evidence

> develop.

I'd say I'm one of those people, but to a limited extent.  The information has been too volumonous and complex for operational people like me to process, and I think that attributes to at least a portion of others' frustrations with this and similar threads.  Still, I'm a bit surprised that even the CFOs among us don't seem to have the ability [or tolerance] to filter/sort/screen mailing list messages.

I would make a suggestion, that the subject line for this (whatever "this" is) be changed to something other than "Legacy RSA," as we seem to have drifted away from that topic.

Personally, I'm not much interested in the "improper NANOG transfer," nor the issues you have with some ARIN board members (mainly because I don't have the time to care).  When you started talking about the "spammers being the anti-spammers," and mentioned names that I've been familiar with for years (like John Levine and Matthew Sullivan), my ears perked up, and my curiosity has been tickled...because the spam problem is something I work with and can relate to.  Admittedly, though, I'm not sure how much of the stuff I'm interested in learning more about has to do with ARIN (perhaps off-list is best).

-Jim