[arin-discuss] Time to Moderate?

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Fri Nov 9 21:08:07 EST 2007

Michael Smith wrote:

> Would it be a bad thing to moderate the lists associated with ARIN?
> If we assigned/elected/ordained Mailing List moderators from the
> participants on a revolving basis we could give reasonable assurances
> to everyone concerned that no one particular group's (however that is
> defined) viewpoint is holding sway.

...and whoever is controlling moderation at 'x' time controls the type
of discussion that is happening (and the flow, and control etc).

Besides that, this type of setup would then introduce into the list(s) a
hierarchy of complaints about the moderation of the [non]complaints
about the board...

Steve