[arin-discuss] Legacy RSA

Howard, W. Lee Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Tue Nov 6 10:06:40 EST 2007

>  That is why it's important to have regular
> audits of these groups.  I would challenge you to investigate
> this, obtain and read the auditors report and see what they
> had to say.

The auditor's report is available at
http://www.arin.net/about_us/corp_docs/annual_rprt.html

As reported at the Members Meeting, we are also having a
separate audit of our financial controls, by an independent
auditor, who provides no other services to ARIN.  We're not
required to do this, and in fact it's unusual for an
organization like ARIN to do so, but we want every possible
assurance that we have adequate controls.

This isn't the first time we've done this, either; we had
a similar audit a few years ago.  Also, we changed auditors,
to make sure we weren't getting too cozy with one firm.

It is possible for members to disagree with ARIN's
activities without any impropriety existing.  That input
is taken into account by each Board member in the budget
approval process.

Context:  I'm ARIN's Treasurer and a Board member

Lee