[arin-discuss] ARIN Travel

G.Hiscott ghiscott at keyconnect.com
Fri Nov 2 18:34:22 EDT 2007

The fact that you are part of a large organization explains your viewpoint.

I am from a small organization.  It is a big deal for me to send
somebody to any of these meetings.  I much prefer to using technology to
aid in participation than to the way ARIN does it now.

ARIN and the members should not ignore the above.  Notice how the folks
from large orgs. tend to like the status quo and people who are part of
smaller organizations tend to not like it.  Did ya notice that ??

I think ARIN should be working on the SPAM problem.  Hunt down the
egregious spammers and disable their blocks.  Collaborate with the other
number managers to reach to anywhere the problem is.

Publish or collect online course ware for how the numbering system works.

IP address space is like gasoline.  If you need it then you know that
you need it and you can find out how to get it.  It is not rocket
science nor should it be required curriculum at university.

ARIN should work to reduce costs so that the membership costs and
related fees are lower.

They don't need to fly around the service area to meet with other the
membership.  This is wasteful.

GJH