[arin-discuss] ARIN Travel

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Fri Nov 2 14:37:20 EDT 2007

I actually think that right now ARIN should be working more on
visiting shows that the major networks would have staff attending.
There are still a great many transit providers out there who
are not routing IPv6 at the current time.  There is no point in
getting the customer base stirred up and demanding IPv6 when
it's not available from their network provider, they will just
lose interest in it.

The US Government mandated IPv6 support by next year - 2008 -
to bid on their contracts, I suspect that we are going to see a
lot of transit networks start routing it who haven't been doing so
already, in another 10 months from now, at least in the US, just
because of that mandate.

Ted