[arin-discuss] Multihomeping proof for IP space request

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Wed Apr 26 15:29:34 EDT 2006

On 26-Apr-2006, at 14:51 , W. Kevin Hunt wrote:

> I have a client that will be multihoming with us and a new provider as
> soon as the DS3's are installed.  They will be dropping their current
> provider.
> Can they go ahead and request their own IP space and somehow show
> proof
> that they will be multi-homed in 60 days or so?

The current policy, from section 4.3.2.2 of the NPRM states:

For end-users who demonstrate an intent to announce the requested space
in a multihomed fashion, the minimum block of IP address space assigned
is a /22.

The previous text required applicants to already be multi-homed; the
policy proposal that changed the text (policy proposal 2005-7) was
recommended to the board after the October ARIN meeting, and I
believe the change was adopted into the NPRM in February.

http://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html
http://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2005_7.html

Hope this answers your question,
    Matt