guideline for name-based web hosting justification

Mury mury at goldengate.net
Mon Sep 11 21:01:10 EDT 2000

Yikes!

Have you ever tried to parse up to 1000 log files per system, with some of
them around 500MB in size.  It's not nearly as easy as it sounds.

For some people it's feasable, but for most of us we *need* IP based
accounting.

By the way, we are setup to do a large number of URL's pointed at a single
IP for some hosting applications, but for the majority of our sites, it is
not an option.

Mury
GoldenGate Internet Services