[ARIN-consult] Consultation on RPKI/BGP Intelligence

Job Snijders job at fastly.com
Tue Jan 30 09:53:43 EST 2024

Dear ARIN, community,

On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 09:33:38AM -0500, ARIN wrote:
> Proposed Changes
>
> - Display a table in the RPKI dashboard with near-real-time route
>   announcements for the Organization’s Internet number resources, as
>   seen in the global BGP table.
> - The table will show the current RPKI validity state of the route
>   announcements.
> - Display any mismatches between BGP announcements, existing ROAs, and
>   the resulting RPKI validity state and offer suggestions on how to
>   resolve any mismatches following current best practices.

The above proposed changes seem a welcome improvement.

Might I also suggest the addition of a workflow in which with a few
clicks appropriate ROAs can be created for the NotFound and Invalid
route announcements displayed in the table?

Providing a workflow in which manual data entry (typing or copy+paste IP
prefixes) can entirely be avoided, will likely reduce input errors and
ROA misconfigurations.

Kind regards,

Job