[ARIN-consult] Short summary of requirements (was: Re: RPKI/IRR Consultation Reminder and Update)

Hauge, Chuck P Chuck.Hauge at charter.com
Fri Sep 15 09:11:58 EDT 2023

I have just one point regarding the below statement, if this strategy is used, a per RPKI ROA matching IRR Route object toggle combined with default set to off for existing ROAs. We have 7K+ ROAs over 4 ORGID's, there will need to be an API created (or extended functionality of existing API) so that we could edit the ROA record (not actually editing the ROA, that is prefix, AS, and ML are not changed) to enable/disable this toggle for each ROA. When the API enables/disables the toggle, an IRR route object will be generated/removed.

     ARIN would not change the ?Auto-Matching-IRR-Objects? for any existing ROAs, and these would be set to Off by default ? so as to avoid routing changes that would otherwise occur at time of matching route object feature rollout.
              (Customers with existing ROAs who wished automatic matching route objects to be created would just have to log into ARIN Online, and manage toggle Auto-Matching-IRR-Objects to On for each ROA.)