[ARIN-consult] RPKI/IRR Consultation Reminder and Update

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Sep 6 22:14:48 EDT 2023

On Wed, Sep 6, 2023 at 4:42 PM Job Snijders <job at fastly.com> wrote:
> You appear to argue it must be made possible to allow for all configuration permutations (for the sake of it being possible). One can easily construct Venn diagrams of RPKI and IRR data, and conclude that it makes no sense to consider disjoint IRR data if one has deployed RPKI-ROV (or has plans to).

Hi Job,

No, but I do argue that if there's no technical requirement that the
configurations for two separate systems be linked, then any such
linkage should be optional and under the control of the user.

> If I’m understanding you correctly, you don’t offer a compelling case, other than that - theoretically - one must exist

As one of the users, I don't want it. That's as compelling an argument
as there needs to be.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--