[ARIN-consult] Reminder - Consultation on ARIN’s Membership Structure

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Nov 8 12:28:01 EST 2021

On Nov 8, 2021, at 12:02 PM, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:

> Why are these other forms of participation excluded in favor of only voting as a means to demonstrate an organization's participation in ARIN's governance to maintain general membership status?

David -

It’s quite possible to consider some of these other forms of participation as possible indications of an organizational decision to participate in ARIN governance, but that will need some careful study since some of these (e.g  nomination, committee participation, mailing list participation) are actually undertaken by individuals and don’t necessarily represent as clear organizational decision.

As usual, we’re open to refinements but felt it important to have the membership change available in January and hence kept the criteria quite simple.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO