[ARIN-consult] Consultation on ARIN Fees

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Jul 21 17:15:19 EDT 2021

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 9:38 AM John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>         That’s an Interesting assertion indeed ("An uncontracted legacy registrant has certain rights at common law.”) – given the lack of determinations to that effect, you’ve entered some rather speculative territory.

Speculative beats zero.

Unless you're planning to change ARIN's quarter-century practice of
risk aversion toward letting cases proceed to the point where a court
sets a precedent about the shape of the pre-ARIN registrants' rights?
I know Owen remembers how far ARIN bent in Microsoft/Nortel to reach
an agreement, any agreement, rather than let the court set precedent
with respect to what it could do with Nortel's legacy registration.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin