[ARIN-consult] ASO Review Consultation 2018

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Thu Mar 1 11:46:22 EST 2018

> On Feb 2, 2018, at 5:59 AM, ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:
>
> As a part of the Number Resource Organization (NRO), ARIN is seeking
> community input on the NRO community consultation on the ASO review.

Now that there’s a contractual relationship with the IANA Functions Operator, with its own heavyweight oversight process in place, the ASO/AC is completely redundant, since it interfaces with ICANN, and unlike the Names community, we and Protocols don’t do our policymaking within ICANN, we do it ourselves.  So, no reason to continue to have an ASO/AC.  It would just be looking for a purpose and confusing people.

                                -Bill