[ARIN-consult] [arin-announce] Fee Schedule Change Consultation

Leo Vegoda leo.vegoda at icann.org
Wed Oct 31 14:27:07 EDT 2012

Jo Rhett wrote:

[...]

> There is only one actual blocker in play at this point, and it's
> not $100 or even $1000. It's the fact that there is nothing to
> get to on v6, and that again has no relevance to the fees.

There's lots to get to. Large content providers that come to mind include:
Facebook, Google, Yahoo! Netflix, Wikimedia and AOL. There's a longer list
here:

http://www.worldipv6launch.org/participants/?q=1

> My suggestion to ARIN was to promote getting more people
> to put more services on v6, which would help solve the actual
> real blocker.

Based on the list of names from World IPv6 Launch Day, I think a significant
amount has been achieved by the operators who implemented IPv6 for their
content and organisations like ARIN and ISOC who encouraged and supported a
well-coordinated launch.

Regards,

Leo