[ARIN-consult] Clarification question

Nate Davis ndavis at arin.net
Tue Nov 16 13:18:00 EST 2010

Marla,

Good clarifying question.

The proposed service change impacts organizations that directly request services and database updates from ARIN.  ISP Jingle will not be impacted from requesting ARIN services and database update as a result of their downstream’s invalid POC data.
That being said, neither one of your two proposed answers are quite correct.

For the example you cited, the answer would be ISP Jingle will not be barred from requesting services from ARIN because they have valid POCs.  Furthermore ISP Jingle can continue to subdelegate, SWIP, etc. to customers such as Hip Shop
even though the Hip Shop POCs are invalid.  However, if Hip Shop were to come to ARIN for services or database update, they would be unable to do so until such time that they corrected their invalid POC information.

Regards,

Nate